Jan 1 - In The Beginning

So let the journey begin! What a long couple of days, our baby girl Eliana was born yesterday at 12:46PM. 10 fingers, 10 toes and a healthy appetite for moms milk! My wife is going to spread rumors that I almost passed out.....I was just a little tired and needed to lay down for a couple minutes. I was back in the game when the homerun was hit:) If any of you reading this have children then you know the incredible experience it is to create life with the person you love more then anything else in the world. Do it twice it's just as awesome:) To think that a night of rrrrrrrrrrr, hey, hey, hey created this new life.....amazing!

The version of the Bible I decided to read is the One Year Bible - New Living Translation. Reason being my wife bought it for my a couple years ago so technically it should be called the Three Year Bible in my case:) This Bible is set up to read some of old testament, new testament, Psalms and Proverbs each day this way I can get a snippet of everything everyday. And it's written in a form that's easy to understand, more modern English I guess I would say.

The first part of today's reading struck me the most it was all about the beginning of it all. It's mentioned a few times after God created something that he saw that it was good. I felt that yesterday in it's fullest form when Eliana was born, once they cleaned all the gook off:) I see it everyday in Pnut and my incredible marriage with my wife. My life was much different before I allowed God to continue His work on me. I still get in the way now and again. I have so many aspirations for my life and family, sometimes I veer off coarse a little going after those aspirations without His vision. I think God just kicks back with a double shot latte now and again, watching and waiting for us to realize that without His help we will never be fully satisfied. My hope is that he looks down on my family daily and through His eyes sees that it is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment