Jan 19 - God Interprets Dreams Through Joseph

Hey Everyone....or should I say anyone?? Today's reading was all about Joseph and his trials as a slave. He was purchased by Potiphar, an Egyptian officer, when he arrived in Egypt. The Lord was with Joseph and he succeeded in everything he did and Potiphar realized this so he made Joseph his personal attendant. The Lord began to bless his household for Joseph's sake. Now Potiphar's wife would look at Joseph lustfully and would continually try to get him to sleep with her. Joseph would repeatedly deny her and one time he ran off she tore off his cloak and said he tried to rape her. So of coarse once again Joseph gets the short end of the stick and is tossed in jail. God is with him in jail and he starts to interpret dreams for a couple of other guys in the clink through Joseph. One gets a great reading he's going to be restored to his position so the other guy is all excited and when his dream is interpreted he's going to be impaled on a pole and the birds are going to eat him. Nice....I think I would go back to bed and have a redo! So all of this comes to pass and eventually Pharaoh is told that Joseph can interpret dreams and he needs a dream interpreted so he sends for him. "I had a dream last night, and no one here can tell me what it means. But I have heard that when you hear about a dream you can interpret it." Josephs reply "It is beyond my power to do this, but God can tell you what it means and set you at ease." Cliff hanger! I'll have to find out what happens tomorrow....well I already know because we have the cartoon here at the house. Biblical Charlton Heston movies and cartoons....nothing better....well except The Matrix Trilogy of coarse:)

Jesus is on fire today! As he is everyday. He's firing out parables again and his disciples came and asked him, "Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?" He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. that is why I use these parables, For they look, but they don't really see. The hear, but they don't really listen or understand." This must be the big issue with the Pharisees being that they just aren't grasping that Jesus is the son of man. He's got a GREAT parable about seeds today. Check it out - Matthew 13:3-23 Unfortunately I find myself to be like the seed that falls in the thorns sometimes and I like to think good soil sometimes too....My goal is by year end to be like the seed that fell on good soil all the time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment