Jan 5 - English, Japanese, Chinese....huh?

So there was a time when everyone spoke the same language using the same words and we could all understand each other. They began to migrate east and found a piece of land in Babylonia and settled there. They said "Come let's build a great city for ourselves with a tower that reaches into the sky. This will make us famous and keep us from being scattered all over the world." You know the old saying tell God your plans it will make Him laugh? Well that's what happened here God came down and could see that the people were united and all spoke the same language and said "After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them! Come, let's go down and confuse the people with different languages. Then they won't be able to understand each other." That is why the city was called Babel, (We watched the movie Babel, save yourself a couple of bucks and let that one go by) because that is where the Lord confused the people with different languages. In this way he scattered them all over the world. Now how weird would that be if Friday you're hanging out with all your buddies speaking the same language then on Saturday 1/2 your friends are speaking Japanese! It's funny how people always ask me if I'm going to learn Japanese. I'm still trying to figure out English and have my wife as a translator so I think no. But we are teaching the kids both languages. I do believe that in this day and age it is so important to be at least bilingual. If Vermont Hick ever becomes an official language I'll have my two done! The old testament this day also goes talks about Gods covenant with Abram to make him a great man and Abrams travels.

We mosey into the new testament and Jesus is talking about breaking a commandment so you have to present a sacrifice to the Lord...."So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God." Thank you God for your ultimate gift of your sons blood! We'll read later that the presentations of sacrifices are no longer needed as in the pre-Jesus days. How many times do you think you would have to leave the altar and return because someone popped into your head that you weren't right with! Well I guess we could now sit on the front steps and just shoot out "Forgive Me" and "I Forgive You" texts or Tweets......that I think would qualify??:)

Ultimately I think today is summed up best in what I see all around me. Yes I have some seriously crrrrrrrrrrrrappy days! I also have some Great days! But everyday I can see Psalm 5:12 "For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love." And that my friends is a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment