Jan 22 - Peter walks on water

Joseph finally tells his brothers who he is. "I am your brother Joseph whom you sold into slavery in Egypt. But don't be upset, and don't be angry with yourselves for selling me to this place. It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives." Pharaoh and his officials were delighted to here Joseph's brothers had arrived. Pharaoh told Joseph to have his brothers return to Canaan and gather up their father and families and return to Egypt and he would give them the best land in Egypt. They returned and explained everything to their father and Jacob exclaimed It must be true! My son Joseph is alive! I must go and see him before I die." Josephs dreams that ultimately got him sold into slavery were coming true. God had taken him on one heck of a rocky path to get him to where God wanted to use him.

Jesus feeds 5,000 with five loaves of bread and two fish and there were 12 baskets of leftovers. After the fishfry Jesus went into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.
Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble fighting heavy waves. Jesus walks on water towards them and the disciples freaked out. Peter calls out "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you, walking on water." Jesus says to come so he climbs out of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. When Peter noticed the waves and winds he became terrified and started to sink. Jesus reached out and grabbed him. You have so little faith. Why did you doubt me?" Another scolding by Jesus. How would I do as a disciple of Jesus in the old days? There are times I step out of my own boat and get a few steps and begin to sink. He may not be here in the flesh but he is definitely here and has kept me from sinking many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment