My 2010 deal with God........

Ya how do you like that for an introduction title. My deal with God.....he's probably wetting his holy britches right now laughing at me. Like God's sitting around waiting for me to make a "Deal" with Him. The thought came the other day when my wife and I watched Julie & Julia, Very good movie I recommend it to everyone, and it made me realize that I also have a tendancy to start things and never finish. The only thing I have started, really held on to and don't want to ever finish is my search to become closer to God, the intense & incredible amount of love I have for my wife and raising our crazy kids while bringing in more crazy kids....which in turn I guess makes us even crazier parents I guess. That makes me think there has to be something behind this God thing right??? After all it's because of Him I met my wife a church she fell madly in love with me and stocked me for months until I said yes.....That's a whole different blog in itself.

So here it is! I will read the entire bible in one year. Not just read it like a novel but listen while I'm reading and see what's pointed out to me, see how it will change me and bring me closer to God. I'm no theological scholar I'm just what I feel is a good Christian man lollygagging through life trying to do the best he can. Should be quite interesting when I blurt out whatever comes to mind. Plus it's suppose to be the #1 selling book of all times so it must be pretty good too eh?

Will I go all crackers on ya and paint a cross on the hood of my car, start running through the streets tossing holy water on everyone chanting in tongues.......If I do lock me up, please don't punch me in the face first I no likey pain. I can't say I have an ultimate outcome I'm looking for or specific guidance, just looking forward to the journey! I've had a fairly interesting journey already but feel that I need to take the next step and stop skimming through God's word and actually plug in to His plan for my life, as it is said. So we'll see you on January 1st, 2010! Have a Merry Christmas and Safe New year!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! Good luck! Happy Holidays!

    Mike Ricciarelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I'll be following you, to make sure you don't post false info like you already did in this one :) Love you...and am so very proud to have you as my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bro, I'm doing the read the Bible in a year plan too. We can both run through the streets sprinkling holy water on people. That ought to be fun! :) Micah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll grab the bucket of water you slap down the prayers and let's hit the streets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allan, I am in on this too! Not blogging though! I commend you man :) Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete