Mar 3 - God....The First Bank Of America/Remax

"If someone dedicates a house to the Lord, the priest will come to assess its value. The priest's assessment will be final, whether high or low. If the person who dedicated the house wants to buy it back, he must pay the value set by the priest, plus 20 percent. The the house will again be his.
"If someone dedicates to the Lord a piece of his family property, its value will be assessed according to the amount of seed required to plant it-fifty shekels of silver for a field planted with five bushels of barley seed. If the field is dedicated to the Lord in the Year of Jubilee, then the entire assessment will apply. But if the field is dedicated after the Year of Jubilee, the priest will assess the land's value in proportion to the number of years left until the next Year of Jubilee, the priest will assess the land's value in proportion to the number of years left until the next Year of Jubilee. Its assessed value is reduced each year. If the person who dedicated the field wants to buy it back, he must pay the value set by the priest, plus 20 percent."
OK now the side of me that LOVES business is getting excited about Leviticus! This is some good profit margin right here especially in this market!:) Also it's the end we then jump into Numbers where the Lord names the leaders of the tribes and who is to be in charge of the Tabernacle and all it's belongings when it is time for the Tabernacle to move....the Levites will take it down, carry it and when it's time to stop, the will set it up again.

In Mark today Jesus enters the temple in Jerusalem and drove out the people buying and selling animals for sacrifices. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves, and he stopped everyone from using the Temple as a marketplace. He said to them, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves." This angered the leading priests and teachers of religious law so they began planning how to kill him.
In the beginning I used to bring my blackberry in just in case there was an email I could answer during service or step out to take a call. Like I was just fitting "church" into my schedule. As I grew and began to learn that it's not "church" it's more of a celebration time a chance to sneak out of the world and really dig into praise and worship and feel Gods presence. I don't need the building to do that but it is an intricate part of helping my walk stay on track and strengthen my relationship with God through Jesus. Now I may or may not have my phone on me but it is off of during service. On occasion I may shoot a quick text right when we sit to let a friend know where we're sitting...yes the church is that big:) After service when meeting with friends we avoid talking business understanding this is a time to celebrate God not to finalize a deal:) I'll call them an hour after service to do that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment