Mar 24 - Cliffs Notes Part 2

Moses continues on today with "Then we turned around and headed back across the wilderness toward the Red Se, just as the Lord had instructed me, and we wandered around in the region of Mount Seir for a long time." By this time I would think Moses was pretty irritated:) He gives them the rest of the rundown of everything they had been through and finishes up with.
"At that time I pleaded with the Lord and said, "O Sovereign Lord, you have only begun to show your greatness and the strength of your hand to me, your servant. Is there any god in heaven or on earth who can perform such great and mighty deeds as you do? Please let me cross the Jordan to see the wonderful land on the other side, the beautiful hill country and the Lebanon Mountains.' But the Lord was angry with me because of you, and he would not listen to me. 'That's enough!' he declared. 'Speak of it no more. But go up to Pisgah Peak, and look over the land in every direction. Take a good look, but you may not cross the Jordan River. Instead, commission Joshua and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead the people across the Jordan. He will give them all the land you now see before you as their possession.' So we stayed in the valley near Beth-peor." I think Moses was a little bitter about them keeping him from crossing. Now he was just telling them what the Lord instructed him to say.....or was he ad-libbing just a little? "Oh did I mention that the Lord was angry with me because of you....ya just wanted to toss that in there.":)

Today Jesus called together all his disciples and chose 12 of them to be apostles:
Simon (whom he named Peter)
Andrew (Peter's brother)
James
John
Philip
Bartholomew
Matthew
Thomas
James (son of Alphaeus)
Simon (who was called the zealot)
Judas (son of James)
Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him) - how would you like that to be the tag line to your name for all of history?

When they all came down from the mountain they were on Jesus began teaching, casting out demons and healing the sick of their diseases.
"But to you who are willing to listen, i say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who cures you. Pray for those who hurt you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also." Ok for the rest of my life every time I see that all I'm going to think of is The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry. 88.1 has played about 8,000,000,000,000,000 times a piece of the movie where he says "If your enemy takes a piece of your pizza, offer him two." I guess it worked because I will never be able to eat a slice of pizza without thinking of that movie www.sperrymovie.com haven't seen it yet but that little old mans voice is forever burned into my brain.:)

My favorite quote from Jesus today is "Do not judge other, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn other, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven." Amen to that. We can all use some reminding and forgiving now and again! Well......That's the way I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment