Mar 2 - Fell A Little Behind

OK, I fell a little behind but have caught myself up. My wife and I shared this nice stomach bug that Pnut brought home from somewhere. Lot's of fun! Being that Maria's breast feeding it was left breast, I was vomiting, hand baby to me, she goes and vomits, hand baby back, right breast, I go vomit and so on...That's what I call TEAM WORK!

Leviticus the Lord puts the law of the land down! "Do not make idols or set up carved images, or sacred pillars, or sculptured stones in you r land so you may worship them. I am the Lord your God. You must keep my Sabbath days of rest and show reverence for my sanctuary. I am the Lord. If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field Will produce their fruit."

"However, if you do not listen to me or obey all these commands, and if you break my covenant by rejecting my decrees, treating my regulations with contempt, and refusing to obey my commands, I will punish you. I will bring sudden terrors upon you-wasting diseases and burning fevers that will cause your eyes to fail and your life to ebb away. You will plant your crops in vain because your enemies will eat them. I will turn against you , and you will be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you will rule over you, and you will run even when no one is chasing you!"

OK, I have to admit when I first started looking into this "Finding Jesus" thing and poking around in the bible God seemed like one overbearing, It's all about me or I'll squish you like a bug bully! Why would a creator go through the trouble of making all of this just to push us around and make us kiss His butt...oooh your so great you made the world....big deal! When you just read the words like a book then you let Satan get into your heart and you see the words as that, just words. Think back to the fall of mankind when the serpent was talking to Eve. "You won't die! God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil." Satan will continually try to hold us down and have us think that - I'm a good person I'm headed to heaven and if not then I don't want to be ruled by that God anyway.- Our God is an AWESOME God who has nothing but unending love for us. When you pray for forgiveness, pray for help or just to say hey, you start to feel that connection and realize that these aren't just words they're an avenue to help you seek Him. When was the last time you gave up something of great worth for someone else. God built it all, created man, from man created woman and when we fell from grace, forgave us and ultimately gave His one and only son so that we could be with Him. I say all of this not from an outsiders view or a theologist who studies religion, but from an everyday guys point of view who went through it, is continually going through it and is living it today......That's the way I see it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment