Mar 31 - Jesus Feeds 5,000

Today in the old testament it talks about Passover and the 3 festivals. The Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Harvest, and the Festival of Shelters. Each year every man in Israel must celebrate these 3 festivals and on each occasion, all mean must appear before the Lord at the place he chooses, with a gift. They must give as they are able, according to the blessing given to them by the Lord. So it seems that the restrictions on specific sacrifices are being loosened up a little. But it still applies that you can "Never sacrifice sick or defective cattle, sheep, or goats to the Lord your God, for he detests such gifts."

In Luke today Jesus pulls a rabbit out of his hat....or should I say takes five loaves of bread and two fish and feeds 5,000 men. Everyone at as much as they could and when it was all over the disciples picked up 12 baskets of leftovers! In today's reading also Jesus pops the question to his disciples. "Who do people say I am?" they replied "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other ancient prophets risen from the dead." Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?" Peter replied, "You are the Messiah sent from God!"
Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anyone who he was. "The Son of Man must suffer many terrible things" he said. "He will be rejected by the elders, the leading priest, and the teachers of religious law. He will be killed, but on the third day he will be raised from the dead." How would you like to have that piece of information you couldn't share. Reminds me of the handful of Friends episodes where Joey finds out Chandler is dating Monica but they don't want him to tell anyone. OK not quite the same but funny to watch anyway:) I can tell you I am PHENOMENAL at keeping secrets from everyone but my wife. That's because the minute someone tells me something important I have to tell her because I'm going to forget 10 minutes later! Anywho back to the Word! I personally think it's awesome that Jesus knows all that he is going to have to go through for us, those who are most obviously not worthy! Yet he doesn't miss a beat...."Your will be done not mine".....that's the way I see it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment